Wednesday, November 11, 2009

If I were the Ocean I would...

Slip into little cracks, let the wind take my spray far away,
evaporate and turn myself into delicate raindrops,
soak through the parched soil of a drought stricken place,
flow to the distant corners of the earth,
become a slow moving glacier,

travel to Antarctica and form a frozen iceberg,
pour into the ground to rejuvinate a thirsty plant,
pelt down on earth so people can dance in me,

splash around the legs of people who are afraid to swim,
suck back from the earth as I gather my power,
rise in a giant wave drowning everyone in sight,
tear loved ones away from each other never to be seen again,

take a young child away from this earth,
pull a person under as they struggle for breath,
drag soulmates away with my careless currents,
envelop a person as they throw their life away,

hold people under until they are numb with cold,
and keep them there as they can no longer think,
breathe
or survive.

No comments: